Programs for Antimicrobial Resistance Surveillance in Russia RosNet
RosNet is one of the main fields of activity of the Interregional Association for Clinical Microbiology and Antimicrobial Chemotherapy (IACMAC). It is the national network for monitoring of antibiotic resistance of both community-acquired and nosocomial infections in Russia. This program includes 30 sites all over the country. The results of the studies are published in leading international journals.
The list of on-going studies
- PeGAS antibiotic resistance surveillance of the main pathogens causing upper respiratory tract infections (S. pneumoniae, H. influenzae, S. pyogenes).
- MARATHON multicenter surveillance study on antimicrobial resistance of nosocomial pathogens.
- DARMIS dynamics of antimicrobial resistance of uropathogens causing community-acquired urinary tract infections in different subsets of patients.
The list of conducted studies
- ARGON investigation of the antimicrobial resistance in N. gonorrhoeae.
- ARIMB Multicentre prospective epidemiologic research of antibiotic resistance in urinary tract infection pathogens in pregnancy.
- Armid-2000 Antibiotic resistance in urinary tract pathogens in children.
- CRoChA («Baby») study of the nasopharyngeal carriage of the S. pneumoniae and H. influenzae in healthy children attending day care centers.
- EQA 1998 WHO/CDC/IACMAC External Quality Assurance Program.
- EQA 2002 In 2002 IACMAC continued EQA IACMAC program.
- NPRS Nosocomial Gram-negative pathogens Prevalence and Resistance Survey in intensive care units (ICUs).
- RESORT multicenter prospective microbiological study of antibiotic RESistance of bacterial nosocomial pathogens in the Departments of Reanimation and Intensive Care Unit in Russia.
- StEnt study of the antibiotic resistance in gram-positive bacteria: S. aureus and Enterococcus spp.
- UTIAP antimicrobial susceptibility study of the uncomplicated acute urinary tract infection pathogens.
Marina V. Sukhorukova, Senior Research Associate, Institute of Antimicrobial Chemotherapy,
Smolensk State Medical University
Last update: October 30, 2018